There are numerous aspects to consider when planning your dream kitchen.
A good way to start is to address the critical questions of features, workflow and the layout you want.
- Does your kitchen need to cope with the demands of a family?
- Do you need extra drawers to make getting your pots and pans easier?
- Are you going to put a dishwasher in?
- Or do you need a pantry cupboard for extra storage?
Once you’ve measured your space, you need to consider the workflow and layout. The workflow of a kitchen is usually called the working triangle and is the path taken to the most common areas, the fridge, the stove and the sink. The smaller your working triangle means less time spent in the kitchen.
Straight Line Kitchen
Allow a minimum of:
- 1.2m between opposite cabinets.
- 450mm bench space between stove and sink for food preparation.
- 650mm between stove top and range hood.